Thursday, September 9, 2010

The Run Down.....

As I sit here on my lunch break to reflect on the last year, I still can't believe my hubby and I aren't pregnant.

Even though our wedding date wasn't until December 2009, hubby and I decided to start TTC in September, because my cycle's are so irregular, I knew it would take a while for us to be successful. Plus, insurance and my Dr, wanted us to TTC on our own before any medical (fertility) intervention could happen. I couldn't believe that September, October, and November cycles were pretty much regular. I thought WOW!! Even though we didn't conceive, at least my body was being predictable, so when I felt ready to use OPK's, it would be a little easier to predict.

Joke was on me, from December to March, the dreaded witch never showed her ugly face. Normally, that would be a good sign, but no.... After the 3rd BFN, Dr. put me on Provera so my AF could come. Then she wanted me to document the next three months, and make a follow up appointment with her in May/June, and we would figure out a plan.

I will upload those journals shortly....

March, April, and May were uneventful, except for BD'ing until muscles were sore! lol Then AF showed, over stayed her welcome for almost a month! Who does that?? lol

I couldn't wait to make my follow up appointment. Dr. put me on 21 day Provera, and 50mg of Clomid, to take days 5 - 9, with a follow up ultrasound appointment on Day 12 - 14, to see if lady ovary has a nice follicle for me. That month went pretty well with out a hitch. No major side effects, except for the occasional dull headache. We BD'd when were were supposed to; days 10 through 20. But when I went in for my ultrasound, lady ovary had nothing for me. I was still in good spirits. By day 35, AF still hadn't paid me a visit, so they started me on Provera again.

I will also upload this journal shortly.....

Back at it again, I was put on Provera, and this time 100 mg of Clomid; Days 5 - 9. I went in for a ultrasound on day 14, and what do you know??? Lady ovary (left) had a nice follicle; 19cm. They decided to administer a HCG shot to promote ovulation. I didn't know it would cost an arm and leg! Here we are, waiting. I won't know if we are successful until next week.

I try not to pay close attention to symptoms, because I want this so bad, I know my brain is manufacturing these things, just to keep my hopes up. You almost get to the point where you don't want to take a test, because at least you don't have to see a BFN, and there will still be hope. Oh how I hate to POAS!

So here we are a year later, married, and still TTC!

No comments:

Post a Comment