Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Operation: Take My Mind Off TTC!!!

The last couple of days I've had a few (just a few) moments of lows. Feeling the occasional discouragement that this won't be our month, or making snarky comments whenever I see those POAS commercials (that come on way too often if you ask me!!), or any mention of pregnancy on my favorite shows will get an automatic eye roll.

Maybe its because of the severe beating AF is giving me? I mean she really has it out for me! lol Nonetheless, I am determine to get my positive mojo back! I will be hopeful that this is our month, and if it we aren't successful, then positive it will be the next month. I will try not to make this my main focus of everyday, and I will not read anything into any symptom.

To accomplish this I will create a list of things to occupy my time and my brain!
  • JUST READ: I just picked up a new book to read. I use to read all the time. Whenever I was stressed, reading would be my stress reliever, and take my mind off of things.
  • JUST DYE:I picked up some hair dye this morning on my way to work. I have been wanting to change my hair in some kind of way. I don't want to cut it just yet, but I thought Hey? Why not color it?? Years ago, I used to color my hair as often as the wind blew. Maybe this new change will help me with my new outlook.
  • JUST DECORATE: I am so sick and tired of looking at our non decorated bedroom, and bedding. When it comes to home decor and color palettes I am never content. My taste change so frequently. When H and I registered for our wedding, we pick this bedding that at the time I thought was nice. (although he more than I) We even picked coordinated pieces for the bathroom. Now I hate them both. So once again, I am on the hunt for new bedding. H was complaining about the duvet slipping from the duvet clips. I thought that was the perfect opportunity to tell him that we (really me) need to get a new comfortable set and decor. His response: I should have kept my mouth shut. :-)
  • JUST SORT: It's time for a reality check. "I will never be able to fit you". I am holding on to so many jeans, tops, jackets, slacks, that I will most likely never fit again. I really need to give up the dream and get rid of those things. Also, Mooshkah has outgrown a lot of things. I will designate a weekend to get this done.
  • JUST SEARCH: H and I grew up in the same town. So both of our parents still reside there. We currently live about a little over an hour away from them. Which really isn't that bad. Our parents aren't getting any younger and I really would like to live closer to them. I've put in application for a gig there, so now I am just in the waiting phase to see if I get an interview. (prayers Please) I will continue to search for other job opportunities closer to family.
  • JUST MOVE: In the event that I get a job closer (fingers crossed) We will have to move. I am not one for not being prepared, so I have been scanning possible locations, neighborhoods to move and bookmarking them.
  • JUST LAUGH: I am so passed due for a adult gathering. I want to either have a girls night, or a couples night with some of my friends.
These things are enough to take my mind off of TTC at least for the month of October. Who am I kidding?? lol TTC will still be on my mind, but I will give it my best shot to put my focus elsewhere.

1 comment:

  1. It is ok not feel uber confident all the time. These things fluctuate in the same way our mood and energy levels do! :-) Have fun when you can and thumbs up for the positive focus!

    ReplyDelete