Friday, October 8, 2010

The Other Shoe Dropped....

No Follies were found. Crushed

The other day I distinctly remember feeling sharp little pains from what I believe, coming from my ovaries. I was so excited because, I never felt any part of ovulation, so I was hopeful this cycle would be a success.

Fast forward to this morning, as I am sitting on the ultrasound table spread eagle nervous about the outcome. Figures. Just like the scan last month, my right ovary showed nothing. I was banking on my left ovary, praying that my left showed something. Nothing. I fought back tears as I heard her say "Oh honey, I am so sorry, but blah blah blah..." I just kept telling myself, don't cry, don't cry, don't cry.

I was taken to another room, because I still needed to have my annual done. Once the nurse closed the door I lost it. I couldn't stop crying. Why is this so hard? I know it sounds crazy, but I feel like I am being punished for something. The Dr. came in to do the annual exam. She could sense I was upset, and tried to ease my frustration.

Last night, H and I came up with tons of questions for the Dr. in the event no follies were found. I wrote every question down and set the paper next to my purse so I wouldn't forget. This morning, I was rushing around because I was running behind schedule and I left my the questions. ARGH! I didn't realize it until I was at the Dr. office. I don't know, maybe deep down, I didn't think I would need them, because this was going to be our month.

During the examination, I tried to remember every question, but I was just so upset. Basically, the Dr. told me she wants to keep me at 100 mg of Clomid, because although it didn't work this cycle, it worked the last cycle. I questioned her about last cycle, how even with the HCG shot I still didn't ovulate, and needed the assistance of Provera to bring AF. Her response " That's odd, I am not sure what happened with that??" WTH??? She also stated that even though H and I have been TTC for over a year, this is only my 3rd round of Clomid, and it can take anywhere from 6 - 12 mos??? &%$%#!!!!! She did refer me to a RE that is in a totally different city. She explained that basically she no longer works with major infertility, or go beyond Clomid anymore, and the RE should be the next step.

The RE is based in a different state (Indiana), but has a satellite office in my state, in the city that is about hour away from me. Because of this, it could be awhile before I can get in. She wrote me another prescription of Clomid in the meantime. The RE of course is not in my insurance provider network. Yes, please give me more hoops to jump through!

I asked her, is there a chance that maybe I already ovulated?? I know I am grasping at straws. Her response "anything can happen.." She encouraged me to still "BD often." But really, what's the point?

I contacted insurance to see what I need to do about this out of network RE. I contacted the RE and I have an appointment November 2nd.

I am still trying to digest everything. I just feel so defeated.

3 comments:

  1. Oh mate.... your doctor has let you down.

    If the 100mg did NOTHING this cycle, the dose needs to go up. That's the way it works. If she's unsure if you've ovulated then a simple blood test would be able to confirm or deny and hence, you would know whether you are in with a shot, need to increase the dose or stay put and try again.

    IMO, move on to the RE ASAP. They will be better able to look after you.

    I wouldn't give up hope completely. Clomid can make ovulation feel more pronounced and the cycle I did get lucky it was quite pronounced and painful. But I would be putting in a call to ask for a blood test or two.

    I'm sorry you're having a hard time... :-( xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so sorry :( Agreed with GS, definitely move on to the RE. It's a hard step, but they know way more about fertility than the average ob/gyn and won't make that mistake with the Clomid.

    ReplyDelete